Sunday, January 16, 2005

Some alcohol thoughts


drinking session Posted by Hello

Okay, from the picture above I guess you could see some of the alcohol we will drink when we are having party or we feel like drinking… hmm… do I looks like an alcoholic to you? Well… I am not… just go to start drinking in 2 years back, when I got to know some friends who love to drink a lot…

And this blog I would like to share some knowledge about alcohols and cocktails that I know… and once again, is just the knowledge to share… and there are those very basic one, like what alcohol fall in which category, if you really want me to go in details I guess that would be a bit long for me to type it out, any question u might leave it in the comment column and I will try my best to help out…

I am in the progress on learning all these as well, besides that am learning the mixing of cocktails, so if you are interested to know some of the cocktails details you are welcome to leave me a message and I will try my best to help as well…

We categorized alcohol in few categories, which are:

- spirits

- liqueurs

- wine, champagne and fortified wines

- beer


Under spirits there are:


- Aquavit

- Arak

- Bitter

- Brandy

- Calvados

- Gin

- Eau de Vie

- Kirsch

- Marc

- Mescal

- Rum

- Slivovitz

- Tequila

- Vodka

- Whisky



Under liqueurs there are:

- Advocaat

- Amaretto

- Anis, Anisette

- Argentarium

- Chartreuse

- Cointreau

- Cream Liqueurs

- Crème liqueurs

- Curacao

- Cuaranta y Tres

- Cynar, Drambuie

- Fior d’ Alpi

- Glayva

- Goldwasser

- Grand Marnier

- Izarra, kahlua

- Kummel

- liqueur brandies

- Malibu

- Mandarine Napoleon

- Maraschino

- Mersin, Midori

- Nut liqueurs

- Parfait Amour

- Pastis

- Pimm’s

- Poire William

- Punsch

- Ratafia

- Sambuca, Sabra

- Sloe Gin

- Southern comfort

- Strega

- Suze

- Tia Maria

- Van der Hum

- La Vieille Cure

Under wine, champagne and Fortified Wines there are:

- White, red and rose wines

- Champagne and Sparkling wines

- Port

- Sherry

- Madeira

- Marsala

- Muscat and Moscatel

- Vermouth

And yeah there are those common categories that you can see in the bottle shops or in the pubs… so I hope you got a rough idea in which alcohol falls in which category…


5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home