Sunday, May 21, 2006

Buddha's day festival in Melbourne 2006

At first I was planning to go to Footscray only, but when I passed by Flinder St, I saw there are some cannopies at federation Square... So I went there and found there is the Buddha's day festival... here are some pics I've got from there... not a good one because I was rushing and it was too crowded...


Chinese caligraphy Posted by Picasa
This is the first stall I saw is an old man doing the Chinese Caligraphy


The banner Posted by Picasa
Simply take the pic of the banner hehe


Performers and dancers Posted by Picasa
the performers and dancers wearing the Dynasty's ManZhu dresscode


Performers and dancers Posted by Picasa
The performers and dancers again


The Buddha Statue for prayers Posted by Picasa
The Buddha Statue for the prayers to queue up ad pray


Folding paper lotus Posted by Picasa
one of the interesting stall teaching people how to fold the paper lotus


The little fountain Posted by Picasa


souvenir Posted by Picasa
Part of the souvenir stall that I bought the souvenirs


Vegetarian food stall Posted by Picasa
Vegetarian food stall


lucky charm Posted by Picasa
Lucky Charm, plan to hang on my bag to keep me away from bad luck hehe


windstruck Posted by Picasa
Windstruck, plan to hang on my car soon :P

Besides all these, they have Baby blessing, Bathing of the Buddha & purification of our minds, Multicutural performances, arts and crafts demonstrations, offering of light & prayer ceremony, tea ceremony... but didn't manage to take those pics hehe

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home